PAT HOME EDUCATOR
Holy Cross Ministries is seeking a Parents As Teachers Home Visitor to work in the Holy Cross Ministries Parents as Teachers (PAT) Program for families with children ages 0-3 in Park City, Utah.
- Candidate must have strong skills in building relationships, outreach to the underserved and immigrant communities, teaching, public speaking, writing and speaking in Spanish and English and have a working knowledge and empathy for the challenges faced by working parents and bi-cultural and/or immigrant families.
- Driver’s license required as well as basic computer competency.
- BA or community college certification in primary education, early childhood or related field, and experience in education and/or social services.
Candidate is an active participant in the mission of Holy Cross Ministries; candidate’s accountabilities and duties include:
- Enrolls, implements and documents PAT affiliation program practices with 15-20 families. Recruits families with children 0-3.
- Assesses parent needs and strengths to support children’s education.
- Calendars, organizes and tailors PAT instruction to fit assessed need for each family twice each month during home visits.
- Refers related family needs to Promotora or other appropriate services, including School Readiness Program.
- Staffs families weekly with PAT Site Coordinator
- Participates in training necessary for affiliate and/or program model implementation and other training to effectively administer PAT practices.
- Works to plan and conduct required parent meetings.
- Is knowledgeable regarding PAT requirements and is compliant with those standards.
- Coordinates services with HCM and community partners.
- Shares developmental and educational information with community childcare partners to support needs of working parents and best practices in childcare.
- Collects demographic data on names, ages and contacts for children 0-3 encountered in community work for use in PAT or other endeavors.
- Assists in development of outcome measures. Enters data necessary for PAT standards as well as HCM standards for measuring program outcomes and success. Works with other HCM departments to provide seamless referrals to meet needs of families and opportunities for their growth.
Salary for 40 hr. week starting at $19.00 per hr. based on educational strengths and experience. Excellent benefits.
Send cover letter and resume with references to Lizeette Zurita: email@example.com.
Holy Cross Ministries
860 East 4500 So. Ste. 204
Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Posted December 10, 2019