POSITION TITLE: BUS DRIVER
Holy Cross Ministries School Readiness Program in Park City is seeking a licensed CDL driver for two bus routes at the beginning and at the end of the school day. Applicant may apply for one or both routes. Morning route is, 7-8:15am (paid two hours); afternoon route is 2-3:15pm (paid two hours) Monday through Thursdays during the school calendar. Hourly pay is 15.00 hr.
Send resume with references to Holy Cross Ministries, 860 East 4500 South Ste. 204, Salt Lake City UT 84107 att. School Readiness Coordinator, or email email@example.com
POSITION TITLE: AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM TEACHING FACILITATOR
Holy Cross Ministries is seeking persons wanting to make a positive impact on the education experience for elementary age children in the AfterSchool Program conducted jointly by Holy Cross Ministries and the Park City School District Monday-Friday, 17 hours each week at 12.00 per hour. Duties include leading students K-5 in recreation, enrichment and homework activities in one of the Park City elementary schools. Spanish helpful but not necessary. Candidates participate in Utah Office of Child Care background check and participate in trainings from the Utah AfterSchool Network. Daily transportation available to and from Park City Monday-Friday from Salt Lake offices in Murray.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
POSITION PURPOSE: This position is responsible for the planning, operation and coordination of day-to-day work of the outreach (Promotora) department. This position focuses ongoing needs assessment of populations served by the outreach department, training and leadership development of the promotoras and the coordination of services in the communities served by the program
NATURE AND SCOPE: This position reports to the Executive Director and a management committee to coordinate services in meeting the needs of the poor, vulnerable and underserved in the identified service geographical areas, which include, but are not limited to Summit County and Salt Lake County. This position coordinates health, education, social service agencies and other organizations to assist in ascertaining the exact need and possible strategies to address the social, economic, medical and behavioral health needs of those served in an effective, collaborative and efficient manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: This position requires a degree or equivalent experience in Social Work, Social Science, Public Policy, Health Care or related and must have three years of experience in supervisory or administrative work. Spanish proficiency is preferred by not required. Applicant must have a valid drivers license. The position must have experience in working with internal and external groups and in program development, design and evaluation. The applicant should have the ability to identify and serve poor and low-income communities and a wide variety of ethnic and religious backgrounds comfortably. The applicant must be conversant with program design, implementation and evaluation and the ability to read, collect and understand programmatic data. Applicant must use program dashboards and other performance measures to lead the programs initiatives and community efforts.
Interpersonal Skills: This person interacts with community partners, persons in social and health agencies and organizations, state and local agencies associated with insurance, public welfare agencies and with other HCM program directors and staff. This position assists, leads and coordinates the staff in working with a number of diverse cultures and helping clients to become self-sufficient by utilizing resources in an effective manner. This position requires communication skills that can assist persons in understanding and operating in complex health, education and legal systems.
Physical Activities: Sitting, hearing, seeing, talking, walking, typing, reaching, driving, holding, bending on a regular basis and lifting up to 30 pounds on an infrequent basis. Driving is required with approved UT drivers license.
Mental Process: Knowledge of management principles, grammar, spelling, understanding of verbal and written instructions. Organizational skills are required to provide direction to different groups to facilitate common objectives. Capacity to work quickly and efficiently with attention to detail. Ability to operate general office equipment. Ability to be self-directed and work independently.
Working Environment: The working environment is agreeable and pleasant with no extreme temperatures, fumes, noise, dust or dirt.
The mission and core values are expressed in daily work through the performance accountabilities which exemplify individual commitment to organizational goals and successful achievement of the work that makes up a significant part of the job responsibilities the employee has been assigned.
- Responsible: Works independently in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
- Sensitive: Displays sensitivity to the needs of clients, client's family, visitors, co-workers, volunteers and other persons with whom the employee may interact.
- Timely: Recognizes time as a valuable resource and responds promptly to needs of clients, client's family, visitors, and co-workers. Consistently performs work assignments in a time-efficient manner. Uses time well in terms of reporting for work, meetings, work groups, etc. as scheduled. Responds to requests both internally and externally when asked.
- Accurate: Works carefully and precisely with attention to detail.
- Thorough: Is able to evaluate and follow-up on services in a timely and appropriate manner. Seeks guidance when necessary.
- Coordinated: Organizes and delivers services in the proper order.
ORGANIZATIONAL TEAMWORK PERFORMANCE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Has regular and predictable attendance. Will call ahead when ill, late or cannot attend work.
- Performs duties willingly and with initiative.
- Remains calm and continues to work effectively in stressful situations.
- Demonstrates judgment and tact on a regular basis when dealing with others. Is effective at arranging schedules and filling in for Promotora when needed.
- Cooperates consistently with other programs and work groups. Will receive and act on HCM referrals in a timely manner.
- Listens and communicates effectively with clients, client's family, visitors, co-workers and supervisors.
- Actively participates in cross training programs and develops knowledge and skills to perform other job-related responsibilities. Is resourceful in identifying trainings or any professional development opportunities that will strengthen a Promotora’s skill level.
- Participates in the identification of service needs through assessments, case finding and problem-solving, social, economic and health agencies and organizations.
- Coordinates these findings with the other program directors, the management committee, and the promotoras to develop and evaluate the effectiveness of the program. Is capable in working effectively with re-positioned agencies where Promotoras report daily.
- Assists in the development of an outreach & Community Health Worker curriculum and provides for leadership training and development for the promotoras in order to better meet the needs of the populations served. Has the ability to articulate program and staff needs.
- Will effectively interface with HCM Communications and Development to provide necessary information for fundraising, grant writing, and marketing purposes to fund and promote the program.
- Assists in the development and implementation of program evaluation and quality improvement through use of performance measures. Assists in oversight of programmatic data quality and supervises time data entry by promotoras.
- Prepares and monitors the approved budget, dashboard and performance evaluation(s) for the outreach services program.
- Participates and/or conducts regular meetings with staff for purposes of program and administrative updates, program in-service, communication between staff, review of casework and professional development and education.
- Follows HCM personnel procedures in regard to employment practices specifically related to employment
- Serves as a member of HCM staff committed to fulfilling the mission of HCM by serving program participants, clients and each other in an atmosphere of hospitality which is characterized by cooperation and a positive, respectful relationship with each individual.
- Performs other duties in a timely and appropriate manner as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Position is open immediately. Interested candidates please send resume to:
This position will be closing Thursday, November 9, 2017 at noon.