Summer Program Activities Staff
Holy Cross Ministries is seeking persons to work in the Holy Cross Ministries Summer Program at McPolin Elementary in Park City June 3 - July 22, 2019.
Candidates will plan and conduct recreational, socioemotional and arts and other learning activities in an educational setting, and serve as instructional aids in reading and math as well for children K-5. BA or Associates Degree, or post-secondary and High School diplomas, experience working with children preferred.
Principal Accountabilities for this person are:
- Represents the mission of Holy Cross Ministries in all components of the Holy Cross Ministries Summer Program, and in professional relationships with Holy Cross Ministries staff, clients, partners, donors and other persons who invest in the support of the programs of Holy Cross Ministries.
- Welcomes and escorts children upon arrival and establishes a regular routine for starting out the activity session and establishes plans to establish rapport and communication with children and their sense of wellbeing.
- Conducts in a pleasant and safe manner planned classroom activities, including recess, organized playground/gym activities and games, recess, restroom breaks, field trips, and other activities essential to the afternoon program. Actively engages with students in these activities.
- Plans and conducts activities which promote a sense of respect, community, kindness, inclusion, and and increased sense of self-worth and capacity for the individuals and group
- Assists children in proper ways to express and handle conflict, fear, anger and other situations which need attention.
- Prepares all materials and the classroom for planned activities. Organizes the materials and space after the activities are completed.
- Ensures that children are always engaged in planned activities and supervised .
- Assists in documenting children’s progress through attendance, assessments or other methods as required.
- In the morning session, masters knowledge of the classroom schedule, routines, procedures to be able actively support the lead teacher in planned activities. Maintains regular communication with the lead morning teacher to prepare to support and assist.
- Meets weekly with coworkers and summer coordinator to review activities, daily schedules, special events, and to surface any challenges which emerge.
- Reports as soon as possible any student or family concerns immediately to lead teacher.
- Reports immediately any violations of or lapse of safe environment standards to supervisor, including bullying, failure to supervise adequately.
- Takes attendance, reports absences according to procedure. Enters attendance weekly in to ETO
- Greets and welcomes parents, volunteers, or visitors and follows security procedures which apply.
- Assists with special activities such as parent events, parties, field trips, and other scheduled activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of building safety, communication and security procedures and adheres to them at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Temporary position, Monday – Thursday, 8:30 am-3pm.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume with references to:
Miriam Garcia (email@example.com)